Dental Health Week | 7th – 13th August 2023
Dental Health Week 2023 is all about understanding the relationship between our oral health and how it affects our overall health and well-being.
This campaign’s focus is on systemic health concerns. Existing research has discovered that many patients are unaware of the connections between oral diseases and existing chronic diseases. That’s why this years Dental Health Week’s key focus is on the following systemic health concerns.
- Atherogenic Cardiovascular Disease
- Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes
- Type II Diabetes
- Neurodegenerative Conditions
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Respiratory Conditions
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Clean between your teeth daily using floss or interdental brushes.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet and limit added sugar intake.
- Visit the dentist regularly for check-ups and preventive care.